Monday, November 30, 2009

Crossing over the material world

samasrita ye pada-pallava-plavam
mahat-padam punya-yaso murareh
bhavambudhir vatsa-padam param padam
padam padam yad vipadam na tesham

“For those who have accepted the boat of the lotus feet of the Lord, who is the shelter of the cosmic manifestation and is famous as Murari, the enemy of the Mura demon, the ocean of the material world is like the water contained in a calf's hoof-print. Their goal is param padam, Vaikuntha, the place where there are no material miseries, not the place where there is danger at every step.”

-Srimad Bhagavatam, Canto10, Chapter 14, Verse 58

Such is the statement of Srimad Bhagavatam, which says that all the difficulties faced in this material existence can be overcomed by taking shelter of the Lotus feet of Sri Krsna. This conviction is repeated by many devotees  and proved to be absolutely true by thier practical life experiences. Incident of Sri Hanuman leaping over the 100 yojanas to Lanka and single handedly burning the city of Gold to ashes, is one of such incidences which shows the power in the name of the Lord. In the war of Mahabharata though the Pandavas were few in number and less in strenght as compared to the Kauravas, they emerged victorious because they took the shelter of Lord Sri Krsna.

 This conviction was also realized by me in my personal experience in every day working life. I have always been an average student in my school life and am not very intelligent also. Though I do not have as much expereice in the field I work in as compared to my collegues it is very amazing that still, By Krsna's grace alone I am able to solve problems which normally take long time for others to complete. Please donot get me wrong I am not comparing myself with the great devotees of the Lord as mentioned above, but the point I want to make here is , though I am trying to be a devotee and  am making an effort to know the Lord, the most merciful Krsna, still protects me from all the dangers as he promises in Bhagavad Gita.

sarva dharma paritajya  mama ekam saranam vraja
  aham tvam sarva papebhyo  moksisyami ma sucah."

We really are very unfortunate, since even though we have all the facilities and means by which we should surrender to the Lord in love, we are unable to do so and hence are always perplexed with complications and  troubles in this life. May Lord Sri Krsna always be pleased with us and keep his mercy on us fallen souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment